Thursday, February 9, 2012

C'est Magnific Feb. Sketch Challenge

I have been absolutely OBSESSED with sketches lately, I cannot seem to get enough of them! They have really helped me lately in taking the guessing game as to how I am going to design the page so that I can focus more on detail.
 has a great monthly sketch challenge, with awesome sketches by the one and only
Who doesn't love her sketches?
This month's is no different over at C'est Magnific, she has provided us with yet another beauty to work with!


Image




Here is my take on this month's sketch:


MY SLEEPING BEAUTY   SHH
This is a layout of my youngest daughter, whom is no longer a baby by the way, lol, she is growing up more and more everyday much to her mothers chargin.....I would love more than anything to have her stay just as she is now, cuddly and sweet with sticky lil fingers and a chocolate ring around her mouth telling us all to "be pryet" (no quiet, lol) so she can sing us a song!! I know I will miss these days more than ever when they are gone even though some days seem so long and stressful and never ending, lol. Just look at her, is she a little angel or what??


Ok, lol enough sappy business onto my layout....lets see....Ifor the background paper I used G45's ABC Primer (which I have decided that g45 papers are GREAT for distressing by the way if you like doing that sort of thing on your projects, they distress well and do not rip easily....just an FYI, lol) The teal paper is an older one, it's from Kaisercraft's Tis The Season collection and was just the color I was looking for, so rich and elegant!! The paper to the side of the doily was from my scrap bin stash, but if memory serves right I do believe it's an older K&CO paper, but don't hold me to that I could be wrong, lol....As usual I did some scissor distressing which you can find directions to in my tutorial and the link is on my sidebar if you are interested.



I just love flowers clusters' so girly and femme, if I could just lay in a bed of flowers and smell all their natural beauty that would just be heavenly!

I used a mixture here of Prima's Printery collection as well as a few silk blooms!
If you look real close you can see that the teal flowers have a faint print.....thats because I used glimmer mist to make them the color I needed! I tucked a Prima chipboard sticker in my cluster as well!

I used acrylic paint to alter the color of my doily, givin it that beasutiful creamy yellow color! This is very easy and quick to do and has amazing results, so if you need a doily and the bright white of it's natural color doesn't look right on your project, try painting it with something such as acrlic paint, glimmer mist or glma, ink...almost anything you have on hand in your scrappy supplies will work, you just need to play around with ideas and see what works best for you!

In this close I wanted to show you how I used the resin wing from Melissa Frances......now I have to admit to you all that I am not 100% sold on the resin yet and maybe thats because I have not had much experience with them yet...notice I did say yet...I'd like to explore them some more before I give my final decision....as of now not a fav staple HOWEVER I will tell you I do love the wing resin pieces, such a pretty touch! Here I just added a little feather behind the resin peice to give it an even more heanly like look and feel....what do you think? Did I accomplish my goal? I think so....but she really didn't need the wings she already has a halo, lol....haha there I go doting on here again.....lol

Here is the close up of my title along with the punchwork and pretty lace! Lace seems to be a staple on most of my pages I gotta tell ya, I just cant seem to get enough, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it, it's so lovely and gives your layouts such a delicate and special touch. It's amazing how you can make a really distress page and then throw some lace on it and it all of a sudden become shbby chic!

Ok last but not least, here's a close up of the flowers I tucked behind the ripped spot on the paper, this was actually my first time doing this, I have a different idea next time I try this, but I will save that bit of info for when I show it to you!

Well thats about it folks, thanks for stopping by to take a looksie!!! I hope you enjoyed my page!
XXXXXXXX

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU so much for your kind words. You might not know it, but little comments like that encourage me to keep going. Thank you. Beautiful AWESOME layout! Thanks for playing along yet again.

    ReplyDelete