Sunday, March 13, 2011

I've been in such a scrappy mood!

I went to an all weeken crop last weekend, I only got 6 things done (good for me) but some ladies there finished 20+ pages!!! What is your average finished pages at a crop or when you have free time to scrap?

Here are a few of my most recent projects:


This LO was a lift inspried by the amazing and talented Gabrielle P, here is a link to her original layout:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/84905/view/3103835/-1/1.html

I didn't have some of the same supplies Gabby used so I had to create some of my own....see there I go with my DIY's again! Her background is from the Echo Park Be Mine Collection and mine in just plain black Bazzil cardstock so I gave it a similar look by using a white gel pen to create a few messy doodled lines. This deffinately made my page pop a bit more. Gabby used that same Echo Park line for her music sheet pp, which is another I didn't have so I used a stamp and carefully created the same pp, I love the way my paper turned out and will definately be doing this again. Try this in the future with a stamp you really love, just get your supplies out and go nuts! I don't know how you are, but I tend to buy buy buy supplies and then never use so much of it. Lately I've just wanted to dig right in and get my hands in it all, I feel like a kid in art class again!!! You'd be amazed at the pp's you can create with a piece of cardstock, an ink pad and a stamp! I'm not sure What Gabby used as a scalloped edge around her circle, but I just used a white scrap peice of lace which I altered with blac Smooch mist! The flowers on my lo the Petunia Collection by Prima which I loved working with! And last but not least the beautiful bling is more from my stash I purchased from Stephanie walker's Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/scrapashopaholic!!


I also wanna give my DH a big thank you for being the handsome subject in this lo, he is in fact my true love! But seriously he hated the idea of having such femme colors for his page, but he was a good sport anyway!



This is one of the pages I was able to complete at the crop last weekend and all the ladies just loved it! The flowers are actaully just plain ole' silk hydrangia's I purchased on sale at Joanns's. I used silver Glimmer Mist to color them and give them that blingy shimmery look! I used a silver ink pad to distress the edges of my paper which helped tie in the silver flowers. Lastly the GORGEOUS butterflies came from Angelica Franssen's Etsy Shop! You must check it out here's the link
www.angelicafranssen.etsy.com
Here is another page I finished at the crop! I LOVE LOVE LOVE bright rainbow colors, I know this is an older line from Sassafrass Lass (Zoo Balou I believe) but I still just love it! The bright colors and scallops are so fun to work with. The alphas were all just cheapies from Target which I painted with acrylic paint. I used the Create a Crtter CRicut Cartridge for the rainbow and clouds and the 2 center hearts are actually just cheapie foam stickers! I used a McGill punch (I believe) to create the butterflies and the just folded them in half to give them that deminsional look and finished them off with bling inthe centers! Hope you love this lo as much as do!



Last but not least here is yet another one of the pages I completed at the crop. I feel I don't do boy pages near as good as I do girl inspired layouts so when I do happen to create an AWESOME boy layout, I get SUPER EXCITED about it, lol! I love this one and it was actually pretty quick and easy....just some inking, water distressing and some more ofthose nifty learning letter tiles from the thrift store and there you have it!



Thanks for taking a peek at my blog, I hope you visit again!
Also a quick reminder CREATIVE SOUP is hosting a finish it up crop March 17-20 so you can get all those unfinished projects you have lying around done, so please join us for some fun and scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment