Monday, July 4, 2011

Creative Soup's 7.4 Mojo Monday

7.4 Get Meaningful - Your Personality


I loved the topic for Creative Soups Mojo Monday this week, we were asked to create a layout about our personalities.

I took a bold and maybe somewhat risky approach to this challenge that I hoped I
wouldn't regret afterwards. I gave my closest friends and family a 1 time guilt and
consequence free chance to tell me what they really thatought of me. I wanted them
to tell me HONESTLY what they thought of my personality and demeaner. It's interesting
the different and same results that were said:
Lydia "You see something you want and you make it happen, your a real go getter"
Husband "You are super organized" (leave it to the man to keep it simple...I guess
he realizes who cooks for him right? lol)
Grandma "Your are an excellent wife and mom and a very fair person"
Mother In Law "You are very in control of your life"
Father In Law "Your a great mother and wife and a little bit OCD"
Matt "You are an awesome mom and fun to be around"
Lisa "You wear the pants"
Crystal "outspoken"

My own perception of myself would be that I am REAL, what you see is what you get. I am very so so about the way I like things done. I feel the need to know whats going to happen before they happen which is probably why it was said that I am in control of my life and organized....I hate last minute stuff and surprises. I am super neat and cannot handle caos.....haha coming from a mom of 5! I don't have great patience for stupidy or laziness, there is no need to be unproductive. I am very passionate in everything I do! I'm a romantic at heart. I consider myself to be an old soul, and very grown up for my age group. Hmm there you have it the good the bad and the ugly!

Without further adieu here is my take on this weeks challenge


I started off with a plain piece of white bazzil cardstock for my background paper and distresses it with a dry paintbrush and some brown acrylic paint as well as inking the edges using a make up applicator with a Tim Holtz Vintage Photograph ink pad. I also used a small piece of bubble wrap and the same ink pad to create the polka dot type stamp in the upper right corner. I used this technique in various other places on my page as well.


 The pink alphas were just purchased from the dollar bin at Target and the yellow ones are actually Thickers that I painted with acrylic paint and used the same ink pad the grunge up a little bit.


The paper strips were just randon scrap pieces which I gave the same treatment as the background paper, if you look close you can see where I used the bubble wrap stamp on and beside them. The lace beside the strips were just a randon thrift store find! You can also see on the left where I inked the edges of the doily too!



The flowers are more product of my new obcession......fussy cutting fabric images! They work AMAZING on scrapbook pages and cards ect. And are pretty budget friendly as well!



Last but not least my journaling is just a recap of what my friends and family said about my personality. I just used white strips of paper and inked them as well after I journaled them and then wadded them up for an even more distressed look!


I hope you enjoyed my take on this challenge as much as I enjoyed doing it and maybe be inspired to create your own! I'd love to hear about it if you do! Don't forget to stop by Creative Soup and check out the other designer's pages by following the link I provided above!

Have a Scrappy Day!!!!

1 comment: