Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Simple Life


I have another layout using
ScrapThat!'s July Kit
"Summer In my Garden"

As I said before this kit is chock full of lovely Fabscrap's Organic Collection papers along with an array of yummy goodies!!

The Simple Life
The photo in this layout is a random one I found online while browsing. It really struck a chord in me, I know many of you may look at it and see a junky ol' worn out barn, but I see these in my town on a regular basis living in a farming community. My husband and I long to buy a home with some property one day for the kids to enjoy, and it would be even more ideal if it had a barn like the one in this photo on the property!!! It just sings to my heart! As usual I distressed the edges of my papers, which those of you who know me and my work, know it's staple in my work! This time I decided to add some stitching around the corner with some embroidery floss. Again I used some white acrylic paint and gesso on almost anything that would stand still, including my border stitching!
I wanted to show you some close up details of the white acrylic pzaint and gesso on all of my embellishments. Like I mentioned aboved I lightly dry brush over anything that would stand still!It gave everything this lovely white washed toned down look and I just really love the aged, antiquey, shabby look it gives! Check out the way it looks on those green zva flowers!!! I think those might possibly be one of my FAV aspects of this layout aside from that gorgeous photo!! I also love the way it looks splashed over the burlap and leafy trim!! It just looks so yummy!
This is a close up of the top right hand corner, I wanted to show you my paint spill and explain how I created it.......but before I do that I just have to say that this may be another staple you will finding trending in my upcoming work, I really, really love the look of this!! It looks so grungy and shabby!
But anyways, on to how I created it.......I simply took my white acrylic paint and made a generous, but not to large of a pour spot on my layout where I wanted my spill to begin! Once I was finished pouring I simply stood my page up verticle and held it there for a few moments for the drip to take place, once I was sure it was done running I laid it back down to dry.


In the two close up's shown above I wanted to give you side views of my layouts. When I scrap I tend to make very layered and dimensional pages and projects and sometimes it hard to see the real beauty of this when they are lying flat!

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to look it at my work, it means so much to me!!! I hope you are inspired to get out there and play with your own scrappy goodies and scrap something that touches your own heart as well!!!

Happy Scrapping!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, such an amazing LO!! Love the distressed layers and amazing cluster!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jen! Hope you're well- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so full of rich texture and details Jen! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout Jen!!!! Amazing layering and gorgeous embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!!! I absolutely LOVE this, you my dear are a real talent! Blessing to you :-)

    ReplyDelete