Friday, November 11, 2016

Blue Fern Studios November Challnge

Hello everyone, I have a layout I  created for Blue Fern Studios November Challenge to share with you today. This months challenge was to create something using a Blue Fen Studios chipboard title. I chose to use the title 'Discover'

This is a layout of my youngest son from a few years back, taken at the zoo. When I received my order of Blue Fern Studios Frolic collection, I was stoked to see how well this photo looked with the paper and couldn't wait to get creative!!
As usual once I had all my goodies chosen for my layout, I began with layering my papers to get the perfect look for my page. I decided to tear a piece off the side and flip it around to expose the coordinating paper of the other side. I just love the rich color palette here. Once I felt I had everything the way I liked it I distressed everything using my Invild Bolme Distress Tool. I love peeling back the edges of the paper to reveal another coordinating sheet behind the top, I think it gives it an extra tattered and worn look!
I then began to work on my chipboards, which also included 2 small Blue Fern Studios Symphony Corners.  On the title I used Prima's gesso as a basecoat before I created my distressed ombre title. Using acrylic paints, I first painted the chipboard in a lighter shade before using a sponge dobber to ink the 2/3 of the bottom half of the chipboard with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. on the bottom third I did the same but instead using Black Soot Distress Ink. I used the same colors for the corner chipboard, but instead of making an ombre title, I gave them a faux rusted and weathered look.

I wanted to add a bit of mixed media to my page which I did by using a TCW stencil and some homemade texture paste, I also used acrylic paint to create some splatterings and cicle imprints using the lid of my acrylic paints as a stamp. In addition I used A Prima stamp and vintage photo distress ink to do some random stamping throughout the page. Once my page was distress and ready I began adhering the layers and flowers before giving everything a quick white wash with white acrylic paint.
Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment