Tuesday, November 15, 2016

CUTE

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by! I hope you are all enjoying this gorgeous fall weather we are being blessed with, I definitely am loving it, as in my neck of the woods it's not too hot and not too cold.
 
Today I have a layout of my youngest daughter using some more gorgeousness from Lemoncraft;s Neverending Summer Collection....guys if you have not had the opportunity to get yourself some of this collection, I'm definitely here to let you know you are missing out....my only regret with this beautiful paper is that I did not order enough!!
 
 
As After I had all my goodies picked out for my layout, I began by layering my page until I achieved the look I desired. I cut a few of the journaling pages from this collection to add to my layout. I then used my Invild Bolme Distress Tool to distress and tatter up the edges to give it a aged, weathered look. I also used some coordinating paper behind my main layout page so that I could peel back edges and expose the coordinating papers. I love doing this as it just seems to add dimension as well as increased that weather and tattered look I so very much love.

 
Once I was done distressing and peeling back my papers, I wanted to get my chipboard
(Spring Flower Bunches By 2Crafty)
prepared. Guys, I loved this technique I used and I promise to prepare a tutorial soon, as I will be using it again in the near future! So I started by using a sponge dobber to give my chipboard a light coat of gesso. I then used light pink acrylic paint over the entire chipboard. I then used a very fine tipped paint brush dipped into a bit of a darker pink ink pad and gently brushed 2/3 up each flower once the acrylic paint had dried. I went back over the bottom third with the same fine tipped paint brush and an even darker pink to give it an ombre look. I really wanted the chipboard to be special and pop, so I brushed the top edge of each flower with some iridescent stickles for some added sparkle!

  
I wanted to add a bit of glimmer mist, but I wanted it to be a bit softer, more like a water color pattern so I added a bit few drips of the mist into a paint tray along with a few drops of water before using a large dobber to add it the mixture at the top left corner and lower right corner where the photo will be placed. I allowed for some of the paint to drip down the page. I wanted to add more media, so I also used acrylic paint include some paint splatterings as well as paint rings using the lid to the acrylic paint.
 
Once everything was nice and dry, I started to adhere my layers and added some light blue netting I had left over from an older Websters Pages collection beneath my flower clusters. I finished off my layout by giving everything a white wash with white acrylic paint and adding a few micro beads on a few of the flowers as well at the top right of the page.

 
Thanks for taking a look, I hope you enjoyed my page and are inspired to create!! I love reading your comments, so please let me know what you think! More pages coming soon, so be sure to follow my blog, facebook page or subscribe by email so that you can be updated when I add a new post! 

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! So glad to hear that you finished nursing school (congrats!) and that now you'll have more time for scrapping! I've missed your beautiful work! So shabbylicious!

    ReplyDelete