Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Creative Sketches


Yay more scrappy things to share today!!!! I have just been so motivated lately!!
My creative juices feel like they are on on scrap overload, can't seem to keep up with them.....ok not that I'm complaining, I hate when my mojo leaves the building!

I love and cherish my time with my family and friends, but I gotta tell ya.....come their bed times, I am also loving the time I have been able to spend in my scrap room lately......speaking of which....I'm not sure my scrap room is returning the love at the moment....I'm not sure I've ever seen such a mess in my life.......but hey I guess if it's clean and tidy I must not be having fun right?!?! But really I must get it cleaned, wish there was a scrap fairy for that.....

I have been thouroughly enjoying participating along in as many sketch challenges as I can this month!! I really look forward to a handful full eachmonth, but unfortunately don't always have the time to play along. But like I said I've been waiting until the kids are in bed each night and just really going at it lately.

My Creative Sketches
always had beautiful sketches to work with each month and this month was no different! I really loved getting my hands messy with this one!

Check out this month's sketch

Really promising right?!?!
Here is my take

Pure Princess
This is a photo is my youngest daughter who is such a little princess, I look forward to those kisses and cudles and that messy lil face just makes my heart go pitty patty.....
Such sweet innocence!
I used a combination of
Graphic 45's Little Darling Collection
along with some
My Minds Eye Sweet Caroline Collection!
I think it paired really well together!

As usual I distressed the edges using my new Invild Bolme Distress Tool , which I love by the way! I also did lots and lots of layering, with all my distressed papers, I really love the look of this! I also felt the pink paper from the Sweet Caroline Collection was a bit to pink once I got my page all together so I gently white washed it with some white acrylic pint using my finger and very very very small amounts at a time. It worked well and gave me the muted color I was looking for!

I also used the white paint for some spill spots at the top and center of my page, which I am completely addicted to by the way!  To achieve this look I simply placed the opening of my acrylic paint where I'd like my drip to begin and poured a generous spot, careful to use enough but not to much, then I stood my layout up on it's side a for a few minutes to allow the paint to drip down the paper. When I was sure the dripping process was done I laid it back down flat and allowed it to dry before I did anything further to the page, so that I did not make smears and mess up my drip!

 


I wanted to show you a close up of my picket fence and flower clusters! I am really pleased how they turned out and especially love that Martha Stewart scalloped journaling doily! Look at how those flowers frame it to perfection! Like my last few layout's I also white washed the flowers and anything that would stand still really using white acrylic paint. It gave everything this beautifuly toned down shabby look! I even attacked my ribbon with the paint, I am considering purchasing some molding paste for things like this so it doesn't have swuch a smeared look but more of a textured dimensional look!

Thanks for stopping by, your support means so much to me! I hope you enjoyed my work and are inspired to get messy with some wet mediums yourself!

Happy Scrapping

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. I love your style of Scrapping, it's delightful.
    This LO is really one of my favorites so far, love the photo's and the picket fence and the papers are beautiful. Thank you for showing us. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I'm a CAS scraper but I so love looking at layers and different mediums!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner...you are rockin the layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I love your take on the sketch. Your page is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful page! I luv ho u layer ur pages! Please send the scraproom cleaning fairy to me when u r done! Thanx for playing at My Creative Sketches

    ReplyDelete