Monday, February 6, 2012

My Minds Eye Sketch Challenge

Okay although I'm a little irritated at myself for this, I still love this layout I'm going to share with you today.....

Have you ever created something for a challenge or some sort of call and missed the deadline??? I HATE when that happens, lol! I did this with My Minds Eye Sketch Challenge last month....I was really bummed because I love the way my page turned out...POO

LOL anyway, the sketch was pretty easy to work with and I really enjopyed it quite a bit

MME2012_sketch_layout01_Jan



Here is my take on this challenge:


This is a layout of my Father and my Aunt whom is also my God Mother....I'm not sure what the date is on this photo but I know my Granma had it taken while my Grandpa was in Vietnam so she could send him a recent photo of his children. Would you believe that my Aunt is 16 and my Father is 13 in this photo? He is crazy tiny, lol......

I used almost all My Minds Eye for this page since it was for a MME challenge, lol...I did some faux stitching and scissor distressing around the edges. I also did a little misting in th top right corner!

I used old coffee to stain my doiles and give it that vintage look so it would look more dated like the photo. Over the doily I added some coordinating MME paper circle that also have faux stitching on them.


The flowers are actually just a mixture of silk blooms......I just added a button in the center of the big one and some gold stickles in the centers of the smaller ones.


I hope you have enjoyed my page,  any comments would be appreciated, lol....it might ease the sting that I blew the deadline on the challenge....haha...




2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I am guessing winning the Scraps of Elegance subscription went a long ways to making you feel better too ;) Congrats! I expect to see more gorgeous layouts now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful!! Yep, you do have a gift my friend!

    ReplyDelete