Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting Healthy Update / New Recipe I Wanna Try

As some of you may know I have been working very hard for a manth now to loose weight, with amazing success within the first two weeks. Unfortunatley I must report the progress has seemed to set itself at a slower pace which I had mentioned last week that I thought it would due to the 10 pounds I shed so quickly I knew it couldn't all be that easy and that I'd have to fight to loose the rest.

I wish it was more however I'll take any progress I can get I have loswt 1 pound since my post last week, now weighing me in at 144lbs. I must admit that the stresses of the kids returning to school and fighting to get back into routine as well as all the back to school events and sports that have bombarded our lives, I have had days were I ate more than my allowed 900 calories and snuck in a few cups of pop. But with that being said I didn't vere to far off course. I'm hoping for more success to report next week!

I have found that cutting out pop and candy and anything of the sort has been working well. I eat 900 calories per day split in 6 small meals at 150 calories per day and it works nicely. I am also using the eliptical machine when I sqeeze in a minute, but more than focusing on lots of exercise I try to keep myself busy during the day where there is little sitting time.

I'd love to hear about your own weight loose stories!




I wanna share this recipe I wanna try that I came across the other day



WEIGHT WATCHER'S TACO CASSEROLE

Ingredients:

1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
1/2 c onions, chopped
1/2 c bell peppers, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
8 ozs taco sauce
1 c fat-free sour cream
1 c fat-free cottage cheese
1 c low-fat tortilla chips, whole or broken up
1 c low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 c salsa

Directions:

Heat oven to 400. Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside. In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, peppers, and garlic clove until tender. Add seasoning mix and taco sauce; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside. Place half the broken chips in the bottom of casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining crushed chips. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with 3/4 cup salsa if desired.

Makes 8 (1 Cup Servings)

Nutritional Info Per Serving:
287 Calories; 4g Fat; 25g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 43mg Cholesterol; 2g Fiber;
Points Plus+ 7


                                                                           YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment