Thursday, June 30, 2011

Best Creations Sketch Contest

Check out this wonderful Becky Fleck sketch from Page Maps! Below you'll find my take on it, but first I must tell you how much fun I had playing with sketch....it's a little different from my normal style, but I've enjoyed steeping outside of my box lately anyway, so I just had a blast creating my page below! Check out the details here to play along: http://pagemaps.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-creations-sketch-contest.html






So without further aadieu my take on the amazing sketch above!

This is a close up of the sun and clouds I created uing my Create A Critter Cricut cartridge. I used my cats eye chalks to ink the edges a bit to help them pop! I fussy cut the bird from an older DCWV paper collection and used my white gel pen to draw the little trail behind it.


Here I used some Prima flowers with a brad in the centers, while sticking to the color palette that was trending on my page! The chevron came from a DCWV punch pack, you'll see I used my gel pen again for my journaling which reads: I LOVE THE FRESH LOOK YOUR SUN KISSED CHEEKS GIVE YOU AFTER PLAYING OUTSIDE 6-22-11.


My thickers just seemed to pop off the page the contast with the white and bright colors and wood look all worked well together! The paper stripes came from various collections such as DCWV and Sassafrass Lass!



 And finally my completed master piece in all it's glory! Haha just kidding but I do love it! My oldest daughter said she didn't care for it....but what do pre teens know, lol!

I hope you all enjoyed my page as much as I did, if so leave me a comment....I need some assurance esp. after my daughter dissed it, lol! Kidding but I do enjoy your comments!! Don't forget to check out the link above for your cance to win prize from Best Creations!!!
  1.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment