Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Take on Sassy Lil Sketches June 21st Sketch

The June 21st sketch from the Amazing ladies over at Sassy Lil Sketches!


Here is my take on the sketch....it was a fast 10 minute layout done at 2am......I think had I spent a little more time, it could be better, lol. But here it is....it had my kids approval, so thats something right! I think I wanna sit down and play with it some more though.

This is deffinately a super simple layout for me, pretty basic. The flowers were fussy cut from the DCAV Street Lace collection, which is beautiful by the way! I dressed them up by adding some bling in the centers to give it a more girly look.  I'm loving thickers lately and have been using them on everything including this page! The butterflies actually came from a paper pack I found for a $1 at Target, I just fussy cut a few for my page. And last but not least the journaling reads: Emileewas being a total pouty girl while I was taking her pictures. Speaking of the pictures, I think in the future I may refrain from using the matte option around the edges of the photo...it makes the photo look weird.....


Wish I had more to share with you all but I've been working like crazy on DT projects which I cannot share yet, but I think they are worth the wait, so be sure you check back often!






2 comments:

  1. Wow, only 10 minutes??? What amazing work ... I won't comment on the 2 am as I'm a night owl scrapper too!!! LOL Love the photos ... and the flowers ... what a cutie your daughter is ... that's for playing and chatting with us at SLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page! Great color and photo work.

    If you're interested.... I just saw, on the Frosted Designs blog, that their Friday challenge was to create a project using black white and one color. I think your page would be a wonderful addition. (and, no, I'm not on their design team, never have been, but just a thought that occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete