Call for Creative Team Members – Term February 1 – July 31, 2012
Application deadline: December 31, 2011
Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than January 15, 2012
Flying Unicorn, a growing forum, kit club and online store, is searching for energetic and enthusiastic designers to serve a term beginning February 1 through July, 2012. Our creative team (CT) is divided into two teams, the kit team and the product team.
The kit team is responsible for having the Off the Page Project and at least 3 projects (card, layout, tag, altered item) ready to post on the 1st of each month that were crafted using the current month kit. At least 3 additional projects using the kit must be posted by the 15th of every month.
Each month the prodouct team will receive new products from the store that are being highlighted and are expected to post at least 6 projects using these products throughout the month. There must be at least 1 project posted each week meaning that you can not meet your requirements by posting all 6 projects at once.
- In addition to the design requirements, and in some ways, even more important, is the requirement of active and daily participation on the forum. If you can not commit to daily posting in all the challenge threads as well as the other active threads, groups and gallery, then you will not succeed on the CT for Flying Unicorn.
- Daily check in to the CT private group forum so that you are aware of all that is going on at Flying Unicorn. This is our primary way of communicating and it is a must for all CT members to stay current.
- You must be a member of our forum in order to apply. You are encouraged to immediately become an active participant in our challenge threads and other forum topics so that we can get to know you: flying-unicorn.socialgo.com
- Host a month long challenge at Flying Unicorn 5 out of the 6 month term. All our challenge winners are chosen by random selection and receive a RAK provided from the Flying Unicorn store.
- Have an active personal blog and promote Flying Unicorn on your blog by posting pictures of the monthly kit, promotions, RAKs, challenges, etc.
- Post your creations and promote Flying Unicorn where permissible on Facebook, 2peas, scrapbook.com, etc. and willing to post on our company page and promote Flying Unicorn manufactured items as well as other items the store carries.
- We believe strongly that an active forum needs to be a fun and exciting place with lots of “goings on.” To that end we like to have fun promotions and expect the CT to assist in the promotional activities. As an example, in October we had daily games and a month long layout challenge where Mr. Hal-o-ween directed the members to add a different item to their layout each day. There were daily RAKS and a grand prize for the month of a gift certificate to the store. Our members loved this promotion and we have more in the works. We need the CT to help with these promotions.
- You must be a flexible person because Flying Unicorn is less than a year old. As time passes we are learning that some things work and some things don’t, so the rules might change a little.
- Because of the time commitment required, we do not accept applicants who will be serving on other store or kit club forums design teams. If you are on the design team for a sketch blog or manufacturer, that is acceptable.
- If you are not meeting the requirements as outlined, we will give you an opportunity to make corrections. If corrections are not made immediately, you will be asked to step down.
We want to be a big happy family and want our CT to be the leader of the family.
For your efforts you will receive:
Generous compensation in the form of products. The kit team will receive the monthly kit.
A badge for you blog
Bragging rights of being on the fabulous creative team at Flying Unicorn
20% discount on store purchases and free shipping
Lots of love and cyber hugs from everyone involved with Flying Unicorn. We are a fun loving group and we want a big happy CT family.
If you are interested please send an email to email@example.com and provide the following information: (We are sorry but we can’t accept international applicants other than from Canada at this time)
A photo with a short bio
A paragraph telling us why you would like to be on the CT at Flying Unicorn and what you feel your significant contributions would be.
If you have the ability to do video tutorials please let us know.
Please provide a link to your blog and your online gallery so that we can view your work
List of any design teams that you are currently on and when your term ends
Thank you and good luck!