Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Layout To Share!

I have a layout to share with you today featuring some YUMMY Glitz Design Vintage Blue Collection Found in the Flying Unicorn Store!

I am having so much fun Designing for Flying Unicorn, Alda is just the most sweetest generous person. The community at Flying Unicorn is like none I've ever been a part of, if you've never been over there you should go check it out, there is so much going on!


Some of you may know that I groan at the prospect of creating masculine pages....I tried for so long to not frill them up and in doing that I felt I was fighting my natural style....which is to grab all that pretty vintage shabby chic looking goodies! I love lace and flowers and doilies and I have made peace with that....and I think so have the men in my live hee hee because I no longer hear the groans when they spot all the girlie goodies on their pages.

So my message to you today...something that took me far to long to learn I might add, is to stay true to you and the things you like and feel comfortable using. I am not saying do not try things out of your box, it's always good to learn new things.....I learn daily. I am saying listen to yourself, learn your own style and don't fight it. Once you are able to do this your work will just get so much better!

I came accross a layout I was leaving some love for the other day and the sweet lady made the comment that she wouild like to be able to use pretty things and flowers but she ad all boys....my message to her was:
There is no right or wrong in scrapping....it's about using our creative abilities. So do not put limits on your creativity!

So without further adieu I wanna share my take on a masculine layout with you featuring some Glitz Design papers!



Let me just start by saying the color combo's in this collection are to die for It's Glitz Design's Vintage Blue collection and a must have for your scrap stash!!! So rich and masculine!

This is a layout of my oldest son, he's such a sweet guy!
I distressed the edges of all the papers using the scissor method, and paired that with the lace doily and lac trim to give it that vintage shabby chic look.


See close ups and details below



Here's a close up of my blooms which I made with TH distress ink, glimmer mist and coffee filters and the daisey is made from marvey uchida punces. I added some babies breath to top them off and tie them together.....to me the cluster almost looks like a pinecone, lol.

I misted and crinkled the ribbon for the vintage look....tutorial coming soon.

The tag is from the RIDDERSHOLM Chantilly Dawn Collection found in the flying Unicorn Store

Here's a close up of the paper layers I used, The bingo looking piece is some clip art I printed a long time ago that I no longer have access to unfortunaely....I wish I could print another. I also used another piece of coordinating Glitz papers and a package piece left over from some Prima blooms. Who ever said throw away your trash! Haha I make sure I can't use it first!

I absolutely adore the way the crochet doily worked with this collection, it all just seemed to melt together, and as I mentioned above...girly or not it's my sytle and it works for me!

You may also notice the circle stiching I created. I just used a handmade template I keep and traced it, then used a Bazzil piercing tool around it.....easy peasy!!!!

The teal sticker bloom is Prima and I used a clock I fussy cut from a Colorbok collection in the center! 

Here's a close up of the lace trim, the border punching (Martha Stewart Lattice), and the Prima border Sticker details. I also slipped in a Prima journal spot slightly under the photo!


I hope you have enjoyed my page, thanks for visiting my blog, I really adore each and every comment!

XXXXXX


3 comments: