Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Forever In Our Hearts

I created this page for Once Upon A Sketche's challenge and Flying Unicorn's Purple challenge

As some of you know I have said in the past that I am purple challenged.....I have a hard time with.....why I do not know! It used to be my favorite color, it was my wedding color and now I loathe the sight of it most of the time, lol. Certain shades appeal to me, but not to often....I think I own 2-3 purple things in my closet, lol. Anyhow I created a layout last week using purple tones and I loved it so much it inspired me to try again....ok now I'm not as sure about this layout as last weeks, but here it is in all it's purple glory, lol.

I USED THIS GORGEOUS SKETCH FROM ONCE UPON A SKETCH


FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS, ALWAYS ON OUR MINDS



First off I wanna apologize for the slight blurriness the wind here has been blowing for a week straight and seems to have no end in sight so I was forced to photo my layout inside which has horrible lighting. Anyway this is a shot but of who else....my oldest daughter.....yep the camera hog! But she sure make a pretty one right!
The lacey paper is Anna Griffin, as is the purple pin stripped patterned paper, you can see I slid a piece of purple cardstock behind the striped paper to make it pop a a bit. Behing the purple I added some peach border punched strips.....I didn't plan to do this and I'm still not sure how I like peach and purple together....to late now right, lol?!?! See below for close up sand details.


The flowers in the top corner is fusst cut from fabric and I added some leaf vine from it for that viney look, I punched some tiny daisy's and used perfect pearls in the centers to adorn the vine. You can also see the stitching I did with the perfect pearls around the edges. The journaling card is from a super old Cosmo Cricket collection I found at my LSS. I just added some pearls to enhance it a bit.

More fussy cut fabric blooms, the title was purchased from a cheapie bin at Joann's

Here you can see the pretty delicate lace peeking from under the flowers and another journal spot.

Here's some more vines and daisy's topped off with a pretty lil butterfly!

Hope you enjoyed my page and I love your comments!

Happy Scrapping!

XXXXXXX


5 comments:

  1. Despite the blurriness the layout is very beautiful and the colours are fabulous together!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon A....Sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn! I know and admire your work through MCS! I am also purple challenged..but you did a great job using purple! I like the combination!Thanks for sharing your work with us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo! The purple looks fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the peach and purple together! And your page is beautiful! So is your daughter! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! Thank you for playing along at OUAS! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete