Saturday, October 1, 2011

ScrapFIT Reveal Day

Ok ladies I am so stoked for this reveal.....I have sorta branched out in my style....I don't wanna seem inconsistant but I just have been itching to try new things lately with my crafts! So fear not my dominant style is still shabby chic pretty but once in a while you may catch a lo in my gallery that is lil outta sorts for me!

Anyway on to the reveal which is wat you really are here to check out right?!?!?!

This week our ScrapFIT workout challenge was "journal goes round"

Here is my take on this weeks workout:



This photo is actually from 2007 when we first moved to town, we were checking out the local zoo. I thought this would make a great photo, I wish there wasn't dark spots tho. This is all my babies except for my youngest which was a baby then. Check details and close ups below.


Can you see the white journaling around the orange paper? Lets see if I can remember what brand all the paper is......the teal and white polka dot came from an old MME collection, the plaided multi color paper is Sassafrass Lass, sorry I'm not sure what the yellow paper is and the orange is believe it or not left over from a zoo page I made back in 2006.....soo I have no idea the brand, lol. I used the scissors distressing technique around the edges of everything to match the edges of the background paper. The clouds are G Studios and are actually see through so I cut white paper for behind them.

The banner was really easy to make, I didnt even measure some quick eyeballing cuts and presto! I topped them off with a hemp bow!

The #'s are to represent the ammount of kiddos in the photo and are from an older DCWV line.

You can see the stiching up close here, again this doesn't take long at all! I used a Martha Stewart punch and the orange scalloped paper is actually the bottom part from the plaided Sassafras Lass paper ...I just cut it off and added the white dots. The flowers are hand punches and topped off with buttons. The journal spot is Bella Blvd and the Love title is cut using my Cricut!

Well thats about it ladies, thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoyed!
I love your dear comments!

ALSO BE SURE YOU STOP BY AND SEE WHAT THE OTHER AMAZING DESIGNERS DID AS WELL!

XXXXX


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful work you did. Well designed layout. Like your flowers you made, and all the hand stitching is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is so perfect for this fab photo!! Love how you pulled the colors and curves into your LO!! Your distressing is wonderful and adds so much texture too! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete