Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Growing Up Gorgeous

My daughter's love this layout and argued over who's photo was going on it, lol. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out although I hate when you adhere layout's they sometimes end up a bit off from where you had originally placed them prior to adhereing thim.....This time my doily and photo went a little higher than expected and the title went slightly lower...but thats ok, my daughter's love it and thats all that counts right?!?!?

I was actually inspired to create this page by my fussy cut fabric flowers....I couldn't find any paper in my stash that I really loved them on and then for grins and giggles I tried green thinking it would be a bust and oh darn I'd have to buy something, lol....but when I paired the two....I FELL INSTANTLY in love with the combo....the flower just enhanced the paper and popped which is what your embellishments should do. So therefore a layout was born!


Growing Up Gorgeous



So as for the disagreement of who's photo was going on the layout it was easy for me....my middle DD, I have used my oldest on many pages lately and it was someone else turn for the spotlight!

I started with some white cardstock distressing it with the scissor method before placing some distressed blue cordinating paper and then the green G45 Once Upon A Springtime green patterned papr. I also scissor distressed this paper BEFORE I water and ink distressed. A triple threat going on there ehh.

Then I began building and layering....it started out just blues, greens and whites but in my RAK that I won from Burlap and Buttercups there was the Jillibean Soup Chicken Noodle Soup journal cards and they seemed to work well with the page so a little brown came into play!

See below for close up's and details.

Here's a close up of the lace and border punch layers along with my fabric fussy cut flower! Try mixing and matching different punches with different lace and trims for a unique look.

I just used a thin strip of white cardstock to write the title and cut each out individually and inked each one. On the the bigger word I inked the edges and then used my crimper to give them that corrigated look. I jusr laid each letter on a scrap sheet of paper and dabbed a q-tip in the ink before gently going around the edges so that I could get all the insides and smaller areas!

Here's a close up of my measuring tape ribbon, Jillibean Soup journal spot and another flower.
You may also noticed the details of the water and scissor distressing as well!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, I love your sweet encouragment and comments.
Have a wonderful day!!!

XXXXXXX



3 comments:

  1. I love your layers and your middle daughter is growing up gorgeous! Come by for a laugh today:
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/10/tuesday-giveway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous page!!! LOVE the colors and layered scallops and trim!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's fabulous! and those little details that bother us scrappers are lost on our children who just love that mom made a page with their photo.

    ReplyDelete