Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Boy

I wanna share another layout I created for Flying Unicorn using......

Authentique's Journey Collection!

Journey

This collection can be found in the Flying Unicorn Store along with much much more including some FABULOUS handmade goodies!



MY BOY


This is a layout of my youngest son, which is a total and complete Mama's boy! I absolutley adore this lil guys attachment to me, and wish he'd NEVER EVER grow up from this moment! He's the sweetest lil 7 year old I know!

So for the layout I scissor distressed the edges  of the background paper as well as the paper strips. For the strips I cut each strip 2 inches a piece so I could fit them all perfectly on my page and to get even smooth rounded edges at the bottom of each strip I used a small cup that was the same 2 inches in size at the bottom. I butted the cups edges to the lower edge of the paper while making sure that I was leaving an even amount of paper at each side before I traced the cups round shape. EASY PEASY!



So everyone has been raving about my fancy stitch work...I wish I could take credit for the design but I actually used a Bazzil stutching template...It looks very difficult and time consuming but it's very very easy and relatively quick! I topped the stiching off with some Tiffany's bling also found in the store.



The rest is pretty basic stuff....The Authentique title you see on the border piece I actually cut out from the strip at the bottom that bears the label that you usually cut off and throw away....I liked it and thought it fit my kiddo well, so I fussy cut and added it to my layout!



The blooms are Prima of coarse and coiuld not have matched this layout any better....in fact they look like part of the collection!



Thats about it folks, I hope you enjoyed my layout, and are inspired to head on over to the Flying Unicorn Store and grab your own Authentique goodies!!!!


Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

XXXXXXX



4 comments:

  1. beautiful layout---love all your distressed edges and the rounded pieces at the bottom. totally gonna "scraplift". thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! Awesome job with the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing layout!! very masculine but pretty at the same time. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is neat. Like the distressing & the rounded edges on the border.

    ReplyDelete